Monday, January 28, 2013

REVIEW OF PYURE OEO

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 100 MILLIGRAMS PER 2 OUNCE BOTTLE. 

RATING: 6.7 OUT OF 10. 

     Here on Addicted 2 Energy, I have had the opportunity to evaluate several different energy shots. Some did well, and others, not so much. But I began to realize that I was lacking an organic energy shot review. I'm sure I've reviewed one somewhere down the road, but I can't seem to remember it. That's where Pyure Organic Energy Optimization comes in, or OEO for short. Pyure is an organic energy shot made from green tea, yerba mate, and guarana extracts. Needless to say, I was eager to try this puppy out.

     The first thing I noticed is the wonderful packaging. Instead of just re-labeling a 5 Hour Energy bottle,  Pyure Brands decided that glass bottles were the way to go, and they certainly hit the mark. Keep in mind, I do not grade packaging, but this one definitely gets high marks from me. Then it went slightly downhill from there. The label says that the flavor is mixed berry, so naturally I was expecting a nice assortment of berry flavors frolicking around on my palate. What I actually got was an indescribable, slightly bitter and sweet concoction. You have every right to call me insane, but in my humble opinion, this does not taste like mixed berries. It's not bad, apart from the slight, yet tolerable, bitterness. If you've ever tried this drink before, share your thoughts down below of what you think it tastes like. Because right now, I am at a complete loss for words.

     Unlike Scheckter's Organic Energy that I reviewed a few days ago, Pyure actually has a heftier energy blend. Each bottle provides 100 percent daily value of vitamin b3, 100 percent daily value of vitamin b6, 100 percent daily value of vitamin b12, and 100 percent daily value of pantothenic acid. It also has an energy blend measured at 1,140 milligrams. This contains organic yerba mate leaf extract, organic guarana sees extract, organic green tea leaf extract, organic hibiscus flower extract, and organic blueberry whole berry extract. The caffeine content is rated at 100 milligrams per 2 ounce bottle. With the all-organic energy blend as well as some unique ingredients like hibiscus and blueberry extract, this blend gets a thumbs up from me.

     While it does have a unique and organic energy blend, the caffeine content is slightly on the low side. However, 100 milligrams should have no problem getting you out of your morning slumber so you can move on with your productive life. As for me, I received a mild increase in my alertness levels, but nothing too spectacular.

     This organic energy shot isn't perfect by any means, but it does have some high notes. On a positive note, the energy blend is this the highlight of this beverage, with organic ingredients galore. The flavor is this drink's Achilles heel, which I believe does not resemble mixed berry in any way. Other than that, this energy shot is not too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...