Wednesday, January 16, 2013

REVIEW OF MOUNTAIN DEW GAME FUEL HALO 4

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 121 MILLIGRAMS PER 20 OUNCE BOTTLE.

RATING: 6.6 OUT OF 10. 

     I suppose I wouldn't consider myself an avid player of first person shooter games like Halo or Call of Duty, but I have always been a fan of Mountain Dew Game Fuel. And why wouldn't I? It's essentially Mountain Dew with a little more caffeine, perfect for an energy drink connoisseur such as myself. If my memory is correct, their have been a total of three Mountain Dew Game Fuels. The original promoted Halo and the second drink advertised World of Warcraft. They have recently come out a new version of Game Fuel that promotes Halo 4. So without further ado, let's see if this drink "pwns" the competition.

     Not only do Mountain Dew Game Fuels have extra caffeine, they also have their own flavor profile. This particular flavor is described as citrus cherry with other natural flavors. Naturally curious, I twisted off the cap and took a generous swig. My palate detected a sweet cherry flavor mixed with the lemon-orange flavor profile of Mountain Dew. It's an interesting combination and I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed it.

     A normal 20 ounce bottle of Mountain Dew contains approximately 91 milligrams of caffeine. A bottle of Mountain Dew Game Fuel contains nearly 33 percent more caffeine per 20 ounce bottle, boosting the total to 121 milligrams. This amount of caffeine puts it right in between Red Bull and Monster. Other than caffeine, the only ingredient that may give you an increase in energy is the 15.4 teaspoons of sugar.

     While 121 milligrams of delicious caffeine may be enough to help most individuals easily pwn noobs on Halo 4, it had little effect on me. However, keep in mind that my tolerance level is very high, so I suggest you try the drink yourself. Besides, I would probably drink this based on flavor alone. Come to think of it, I would drink any Mountain Dew based on flavor alone.

     As I mentioned previously, I do not consider myself an avid fan of Halo or Call of Duty. However, I do consider myself an avid fan of Mountain Dew, and this new Game Fuel is just one of the many reasons why I enjoy the brand so much. The flavor profile of citrus mixed with cherry easily managed to satisfy my taste buds, and the extra caffeine is always a plus. In short, I suggest give this drink a try. You never know if it might boost your kill/death ratio.

4 comments:

  1. Read your review and got all excited...then I went everywhere where I live, and none of the stores I went to carried it. Is this a fairly recent release, or has it been around a while and I just haven't known because I live in Idaho?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I happened to find this little gem at my school because they serve Pepsi products. This also leads me to believe that I may be seeing the new Rockstar Super Sours soon.

      Delete
  2. Been around a while now. I had alot of them during the fall. Haven't seen them around, so I guess they're gone now. Must be because you live in Idaho.
    -Dylan

    ReplyDelete
  3. FOUND IT! Stopped by an out-of-the-way gas station and there it was. Will be reviewing it soon. Thanks for posting things like this to keep Idahoans in the loop!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...