Sunday, January 06, 2013

REVIEW OF MONSTER UBERMONSTER

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 160 MILLIGRAMS PER 16.9 OUNCE BOTTLE.
Courtesy of The Energy Drink Resource


DYLAN'S RATING: 7.5 OUT OF 10. 
AVERY'S RATING: 8 OUT OF 10.

Dylan's Review:


     After initially reading a negative review of this, I was a bit worried that my taste buds were in for punishment. Fortunately, Ubermonster exceeded expectations in flavor, though it still falls short there as well. It already met and exceeded expectations in kick and packaging respectively, so the face that I like the flavor helps its cause.

     Not to say it is a step in any direction away from the original. If any real difference is there, I don't see it. That being said, I do like the original Monster flavor very much, so from my perspective, this sits just mine with me. On a creative level, it was a bust. Fortunately for Monster, all the pre-pubescent kids who fuel their reputation wont be bothered by that fact.

     If you've had a Monster product before, you'll be familiar with their usual buzz. Ubermonster really has nothing Uber about it, other than the package. 160 mgs of caffeine, 1000 mgs of taurine, 200 mgs of ginseng, and all of the other usual suspects keep it to the point. Solid, but nothing new.

     Average is about the only word capable of describing the drink as a whole. All it manages to do is look pretty on a shelf with its cool glass bottle, but for someone who is as picky as I am, that doesn't help as much. I do like the drink, but there is no doubt this is a disappointment.


AVERY'S REVIEW:

     Today I figured I'd try something I've never done previously on this site: a double review. I recently found Monster Ubermonster in a local convenience store, so I figured it would be best to express my thoughts on the beverage in order to compare and contrast it to Dylan's review. So without any further time to waste, here's my take on this brewed Monster. 

     First things first, this packaging is outstanding. Absolutely unbelievable. The only issue is that the cap is of a very large diameter, so I had difficulties opening the bottle in an expedient manner. When I did finally get it open, I took a big gulp and was surprised by how similar this tasted to regular Monster. I suppose I was expecting some sort of weird beer-ish flavor mixed with Monster, but instead it tasted like a smoother version of Monster Original. Nevertheless, it's still a smooth and tasty beverage that anybody can enjoy. 

     My colleague briefly spoke about the energy ingredients present in this beverage, but just in case you care, here's the full list. 211.25 percent daily value of vitamin b2, 211.25 percent daily value of vitamin b3, 211.25 percent daily value of vitamin b6, 211.25 percent daily value of vitamin b12, 2,112.5 milligrams of taurine, 422.5 milligrams of panax ginseng, and a 5,281.25 milligrams blend of glucose, l-carnitine, caffeine, inositol, glucuronolactone, guarana, resveratrol, quercetin, and maltodextrin. 

     The caffeine content is the same as pretty much every single other Monster variety: 160 milligrams. This will easily provide the average consumer with a great uplift in energy and alertness. I personally noticed a decent effect from this drink that lasted for a few hours. 

     While I realize that this drink isn't amazing by any means, I must disagree with my colleague that this drink is a disappointment. I enjoyed the smooth, Monster flavor and I like their idea of a brewed energy drink. The only major setback is the price. A bottle of Monster Ubermonster sells for a wallet-emptying $4.99. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...