Tuesday, October 09, 2012

REVIEW OF I AM HAPPY

CAFFEINE CONTENT: NONE.

RATING: 6.1 OUT OF 10.

     The mood-boosting beverage has always been one of the most unique beverage genres on the market. If you must, you could consider it to be a sub-genre to the functional beverage, since it utilizes non-traditional ingredients to enhance emotional well-being and happiness. Sure, these little drinks are very intriguing from a reviewer's standpoint, but unfortunately their performance can be a bit lackluster sometimes. Just ask the people who created Be Happy. Hopefully I Am's attempt at making a mood-boosting drink doesn't end up in a deplorable result. 

     This minuscule bottle of I Am Happy is packaged in a yellow and white container that uses the same design and fonts as all of the other drinks in the line-up. Once again, I had to locate the flavor by examining the ingredients section. It appears that this is marketed to be a raspberry flavored beverage, similar to I Am Focused. Eager to try out this product, I quickly cracked open the bottle and guzzled it down. As with all of the I Am products, the flavor was smooth and not overpowering or harsh on the palate. I did notice a raspberry flavor, but it wasn't as tart as you might expect. Every single offering from I Am has a wonderfully smooth flavor, and this one is no exception.

     When you take look at the active ingredients inside a bottle of I Am Happy, you begin to notice some incredibly unique ingredients. Starting out with the ordinary ones, we have 150 percent daily value of vitamin niacin, and 2,000 percent daily value of vitamin b12. Stepping into the realm of uniqueness, we find 125 milligrams of ashwagandha root and leaf extract. Furthermore, we have a Happy Blend worth 2,800 milligrams. Inside of that, we have l-tyrosine, english lavender flower, passionflower vines, lemon balm aerial parts, gamma-aminobutyric acid, chamomile flower, and l-theanine. These are definitely from very interesting and unique ingredients hiding inside this bottle. 

     After I gulped down this great-tasting shot, I was really hoping that my spirits would be uplifted and I would have a wonderful state of mind. Unfortunately, none of this actually happened. No matter how long I waited, I failed to recognize any change in mood or mind. Apparently, this drink is advertised to promote a clam, relaxed state of mind and to enhance emotional well-being. It's sad to say, but I did not receive any of those effects. It's just so unfortunate for a company that was doing so well on this site.

     Despite the fact that this drink had absolutely no noticeable effect on me, it still as its share of strong points. For instance, it still delivers a wonderful flavor, which has typically been I Am's biggest highlight. With supplements such as lemon balm and ashwagandha, the active ingredients list is quite a spectacle. I just wish that this little bugger had some effect on me, but sadly it didn't. All things considered, I must conclude that the I Am line-up gets my seal of approval.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting feedback on I AM Happy...I have magnificent results with this drink. I live in NYC, where one always has a certain warrior edge, and I noticed a remarkable difference in my energy when I just consume 1/2 a bottle. Another observation is that my local health food store only had 3 bottles left after being on the shelves for a few days. (I had called to see when the shipment was coming in and went in immediately.) In any event, perhaps it has different effects according to ones body chemistry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penelope,

      I'm glad to hear you are receiving satisfactory results from this drink. As a reviewer though, it can be difficult to determine whether or not the effects were legitimate or a placebo. I personally felt no discernible difference after I consumed this drink. But of course, individual results may vary.

      Best,

      Avery Hage

      Delete

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...