Monday, December 10, 2012

REVIEW OF SLAP CRISP APPLE

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 220 MILLIGRAMS PER 16 OUNCE CAN.

RATING: 7.8 OUT OF 10. 

     As Addicted 2 Energy closes in on 350 product reviews, It's always nice to take a break from the uncommon items and take a closer examination of a mainstream product. This product I'm reviewing today, called Slap, can accurately be considered mainstream, since it is readily available at the largest retail outlet in the world: Walmart. I located Slap while I was desperately trying to locate one of the new Red Bull flavors, but to no avail. Fortunately, I managed to purchase the Crisp Apple version of Slap Energy, and I was eager to test it out.

     This particular flavor comes in a green and silver sixteen ounce aluminum can. The design is simple, yet clean and free of superfluous text. I have had the pleasure of reviewing two other flavors of Slap, which are named Frost and Lemon Ice. Both of those flavors were well received, so I had high expectations for this Crisp Apple version. With that said, I cracked open the can and took my first gulps. I noticed a smooth and crisp apple flavor that was unlike any other energy drink I've tasted. As a matter of fact, this is probably the only apple flavored energy drink I have tried, and it is quite satisfying. As you would expect, it doesn't taste like carbonated apple juice, but instead it is an artificially flavored green apple beverage. In summary, Crisp Apple is a fine addition to the Slap line-up.

     Slap markets itself as a multi-stage energy supplement, so does that indicate that we will see some unique ingredients? Well, for starters there's 200 percent daily value of vitamin b3, 200 percent daily value of vitamin b6, and 200 percent daily value of vitamin b12. It also has an energy blend worth 3,138 milligrams. This contains maltodextrin, taurine, fructose, caffeine, isomaltulose, vitamin b3, vitamin b6, and vitamin b12. The only unique ingredient I notice is isomaltulose, which is essentially a sugar substitute. Other than that, this is quite an ordinary energy blend.

     Slap also indicates on their label that their products have 25 percent more caffeine than other energy drinks. Based on the fact that a can of Monster Energy contains 160 milligrams of caffeine, Slap must contain  200 milligrams. Yet, if you take a closer look at the label, it clearly states that the caffeine content is 220 milligrams of caffeine. This means that Slap Crisp Apple has about 37 percent more caffeine than a standard Monster. That being said, this energy drink should provide a high level of effectiveness. Even for somebody such as myself, this beverage provided a solid uplift in alertness and wakefulness that lasted a few hours.

     This flavor of Slap is probably my favorite out of the three I've reviewed, simply due to its uniqueness. I cannot recall ever seeing an apple flavored energy drink, let alone a green apple flavor. Not to mention, they manage to do it correctly and avoid unnecessary tartness and sourness. The effectiveness is also high, with its 220 milligrams of caffeine. The energy blend is the only sour note in this otherwise great product. I recommend you stop by your local Walmart and purchase a can or two. I think you'll be quite satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...