Sunday, December 16, 2012

REVIEW OF LOADED

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 160 MILLIGRAMS PER 16 OUNCE CAN. 

RATING: 7.9 OUT OF 10. 

     Any time I arrive at the grocery store, the first place I check is the energy drink isle. Typically, I will find an inordinate amount of Monster and Red Bull along with a few other high end brands. This time, however, I was lucky enough to not only find a drink that I had never tried, but one that I had never even heard of. This drink is called Loaded, and it just happened to be voted the best tasting energy drink at International Beverage. With an award like that, I couldn't wait to get my hands on this drink.

     The packaging on this is simple, yet sleek. It comes in a black, 16 ounce aluminum can with a design on it that is reminiscent of the Jack Daniels label. There is no flavor written on the can, so I had no idea what I was getting into. At first I thought it would be a Monster clone, but that aforementioned award told me otherwise. When I took my first sip, I noticed a sweet lemon cherry flavor up front, then the cherry flavor faded leaving a sour lemon note at the end. It's sweet, sour, smooth, and deserving of the award it received. I enjoyed the lovely mixture of the initial cherry and the aftertaste of lemon. Overall, it's a refreshing energy drink that I would recommend to anybody.

     Now it's time to find out if Loaded energy drink is loaded with firepower. Starting with the b vitamins, we have 200 percent daily value of vitamin b3, 200 percent daily value of vitamin b5, 200 percent daily value of vitamin b6, and 10,000 percent daily value of vitamin b12. Then it has 2,000 milligrams of taurine, 200 milligrams of guarana, 50 milligrams of inositol, 50 milligrams of l-carnitine, 50 milligrams of l-glutamine, 50 milligrams of panax ginseng, and 160 milligrams of caffeine. I really enjoy the fact that they have quantifiable information on each of the energy ingredients. I really wish more companies used this approach.

     160 milligrams of caffeine is identical to what you may find in a can of Monster, and you can expect the effects to be very similar. I noticed an adequate increase in wakefulness that lasted a few hours. If you're looking for a solid uplift, this drink should be sufficient.

     While it is seldom that I locate a drink that I have never heard of, there is usually a reason for it. Either the drink is so awful that their sales are atrocious, or they haven't been able to market the drink properly. This is clearly not the case for Loaded energy drink. This beverage has a lovely mix of sweet and sour flavors, accompanied by a solid energy blend. The effects are also well received. If you happen to find this drink in your area, put down the Monster you were looking at earlier and purchase this instead. Unless that Monster you were holding was Monster Rehab.

1 comment:

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...