Monday, October 22, 2012

REVIEW OF BATTERY HYDRO

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 128 MILLIGRAMS PER 13.5 OUNCE BOTTLE.

RATING: 6.3 OUT OF 10.

     Yesterday, we took a closer look at the world's first Finnish energy drink, which was first put on the shelves in the ancient days of 1997. It was a decent energy drink, but it left a lot to be desired. So in light of that, I have decided to review a different flavor that will hopefully fulfill my desires. Just what were those desires? I thought that the flavor was too harsh and really grabbed hold of my tongue. I also thought that the energy blend was mediocre, and the effect wasn't anything special. I'm hoping at least one of these qualities can be improved with a flavor they call Battery Hydro.

     Battery Hydro utilizes the exact same black, 13.5 ounce plastic bottle, except this version has the word "hydro" written along side the drinks name. 99% of the text on the bottle is in Finnish, but I did manage to translate the text to determine the advertised flavor. It turns out that Battery is going for a lemon flavored drink, which could indicate another harsh flavor. To my displeasure, my prediction turned out to be accurate. Sure, the lemon flavor is palatable, and done well. I didn't dislike the flavor, in fact I actually found it to be rather nice. The issue lies in the sheer acidity of the beverage. I feel like the acidity is simply manhandling my tongue, and that takes away from the experience.

     That left one desire unfulfilled, so let's see what's in the blend for this version. Battery Hydro is an energy drink, with added sports drink benefits, so it should bring something new to the table. To begin, we have the usual 1,600 milligrams of taurine, and 128 milligrams of caffeine. The added electrolyte benefits come in the form of magnesium sulfate. Once again, this blend is about as basic as they come. That leaves two desires unfulfilled.

     I wasn't expecting the effect to be out of this world, and I wasn't mistaken. It has the same caffeine content as the original flavor, so the effect is pretty much identical. I felt a decent increase in wakefulness and alertness, just enough to satisfy my caffeine craving.

     If you happen to be going to Finland soon, purchase this drink while you're there, just to say you tried the world's first Finnish energy drink while you were in Finland. Other than that, there's really nothing that stands out in this drink, besides the packaging. The flavor is pleasant, yet acidic and unforgiving, the energy blend is still sub-par, and the effect is at a medium level. I highly encourage you to try other energy drinks during your trip to Finland. I can almost guarantee that you will find a better energy drink than Battery. Unless, Battery is the only energy drink available in Finland. Gosh, I hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...