Monday, October 29, 2012

REVIEW OF AWAKE

CAFFEINE CONTENT: 101 MILLIGRAMS PER BAR. 

RATING: 7.9 OUT OF 10.

     Let me divulge some crucial information before I get started on this review. I love chocolate. Plain and simple. I prefer dark chocolate, but a well-crafted milk chocolate bar can be just as satisfying. Needless to say, I also enjoy caffeine, as you can probably tell. What happens when you combine the two? You get Awake Chocolate. Awake Chocolate is a milk chocolate bar that uses an ample amount of caffeine to provide an increase in alertness and motor performance. Does it live up to these claims? There's only one way to find out. Onward to the review of Awake Chocolate.

     The bars are packaged in a dark brown foil, reminiscent of the color of chocolate. After opening the package, I had my first encounter with the concoction inside the plastic over wrap. The bar is approximately 4 and a half inches long and almost 1 and a half inches wide. They are also segmented which makes it easier to break the bar into multiple chunks. Eager to try it out, I broke off a piece and popped it in my mouth. I was enormously surprised by how delicious this chocolate bar was. The chocolate is smooth and creamy, and isn't as gritty as some of the other milk chocolate bars I've consumed. If you gave this chocolate bar to someone without telling them it was caffeinated, they wouldn't be able to tell the difference. It is seriously that good. I'm actually not a big fan of milk chocolate, and even this left me extremely satisfied.

     There is no energy blend associated with Awake Chocolate. There are no b vitamins either. Just 101 milligrams of good old-fashioned caffeine, and that's it. Why is that? Well, it is due to the fact that Awake Chocolate is marketed as a caffeinated chocolate bar, rather than an energy chocolate bar. That being said, 101 milligrams of caffeine is a pretty sufficient amount to cram into a solid bar of succulent milk chocolate.

     For comparison, a Hershey's Milk Chocolate bar contains 9 milligrams of caffeine, and their dark chocolate version contains twice that amount. As a matter of fact, Awake Chocolate has roughly the same amount of caffeine as a cup of coffee, or more accurately a can of Bawls Energy Drink. With that said, I received a decent effect from this chocolaty concoction, and the effect was comparable to a medium-strength cup of coffee. It was definitely a satisfactory result for a milk chocolate bar.

     Awake Chocolate is hands-down, one of the most interesting and unique products I've ever come across. It combines two of my favorite consumable substances, and manages to create something truly amazing. Of course, the flavor is its highlight, with that rich and velvety texture. The amount of caffeine in this product is actually a bit higher than a Red Bull, and the effect is just what you would expect from a chocolate bar with that amount of caffeine. I am extremely thankful that I still have six bars left of this wonderful product.

2 comments:

  1. It is called a "caffeinated chocolate" bar. Therefore there shouldn't be a blend of other stuff in it. If it was called an "energy" bar then you could comment on it's "lack of an energy blend".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, good point. But, here at A2E we still want to see companies going the extra mile. Have a nice day.

      Delete

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...