Saturday, October 20, 2012

REVIEW OF AMARA

CAFFEINE CONTENT: UNKNOWN.

RATING: 7.5 OUT OF 10.

     We have the energy drink and the anti-energy drink. The functional beverage and the mood-boosting beverage. Now, we have the super drink. Yes, in this review I will take a closer look at Amara, the world's first "super drink." What is a super drink, you might ask? It combines qualities of an energy drink, functional beverage, and sports drink to create a whole new species. You can think of it as the Frankenstein of energy drinks. A little energy here, a little electrolytes there, and presto. I'm always eager to try a new drink, especially one that doesn't fall into a normal category. So, without further ado, let's sink our teeth into Amara.

     The can design is definitely something to behold, utilizing a light blue aluminum can with a neat and intricately drawn graphic of a sun and a bird. Although judging by the tail, this creature might resemble a flying seahorse. I really hope it's a flying seahorse. There is no indication of the flavor, and yet I was not expecting another Red Bull clone. I knew that Amara was capable of formulating a unique flavor, and my prediction was accurate. Amara has a very light, crisp citrus flavor accompanied with the unmistakable taste of stevia. I found Amara to be extremely enjoyable and very light on flavor. I can see this being used in a workout environment, since it doesn't have that heavy syrup flavor associated with energy drinks.

     Being a super drink, I was curious to find out what makes Amara tick. To start off, we have 340 percent daily value of vitamin b6, 12 percent daily value of folic acid, and 140 percent daily value of vitamin b12. Then we have a proprietary blend worth 280 milligrams. That includes macqui berry extract, milk thistle extract, caffeine, calcium d glucarate, d-ribose, n acetyl l cysteine, and prickly pear extract. As you can see, this is not your typical energy blend. Amara backes up their claim of being a super drink by adding ingredients such as macqui berry and calcium d glucarate. It definitely gets a plus on the unique scale.

     Unfortunately, the caffeine content is hidden in the energy blend, and they give absolutely no hints as to what it might be. Nevertheless, I noticed a mild increase in wakefulness and alertness after consuming the 16 ounce beverage. It isn't anything to boast about, but it should get the job done for the average consumer. As for me, I'm still wondering how much caffeine is in it.

     For the world's first super drink, Amara does a pretty respectable job. The flavor is its strong point, being light, delicate, and refreshing. The proprietary blend utilizes a few ingredients that I have never heard of (I've been reviewing for 3.5 years) which further adds to the drinks uniqueness. The effect is just a bit under par, but the results will vary based on the individual. I can't say if super drinks are going to become a multi-million dollar industry, but Amara is a nice place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...