Monday, February 21, 2011

REVIEW OF CHARGERS

CAFFEINE CONTENT: UNKNOWN.


RATING: 8.6 OUT OF 10.


Chocolate covered espresso beans, oh how I love thee. It's really the only time where eating coffee beans becomes acceptable. I mean, let's face it, if you saw someone munching on coffee beans straight from the bag, you would give them a second glance. And yes, coffee beans are indeed edible. So if your too lazy to make your coffee, then just pop a dozen beans and get going. You'll put the new 5 Hour Energy commercials to shame. I admit that I have tried straight coffee beans and I felt like the biggest caffeine junkie on the face of the earth. Still, I absolutely adore chocolate covered coffee beans. From Crackheads to Shock-A-Lots, these caffeinated goodies can keep anyone going. And now my chocolate covered coffee bean fetish is met once again with Chargers chocolate covered espresso beans. The beans come in a red tin designed to look like a battery. The packaging is very nice and it's also a great place to keep your change. The plastic overwrap is incredibly easy to pull off, but the top is a different story. I struggled for several minutes and finally resorted to that one mechanism that opens bottles that are closed too tightly. I've never figured out the name of that mechanism, but it has always come in handy. The beans inside are red, much like the tin. There is about 8 beans in one tin, making about 160 milligrams of caffeine, give or take. Popping one in my mouth, I am sad to say that the red coating has no flavor whatsoever. Nevertheless, the espresso beans are downright awesome. Filled with the delicious combination of chocolate and coffee. And as I'm writing this review, I'm thinking to myself, why don't I just make my own chocolate covered coffee beans. How hard could it be? If I sound like a big caffeine junkie to you, it's because I am. If I never got "hooked" on caffeine, this glorious blog would have never existed. But that's beside the point, back to the review. There is really no need to dive into the energy blend, because there simply is none. Just straight up trimethylxanthine. That's caffeine to you. After munching on these for about 30 seconds, because that's how long it took me to scarf them down, I did find a moderate increase in alertness. It's nothing too potent, but it's a great alternative if you can't wait for the liquid version of coffee. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to look up that recipe for chocolate covered coffee beans. 8.6 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what YOU think about this product!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...